Rebuilding Together Eastside depends on support and involvement from our community. We believe in the neighbor-helping-neighbor ethic that makes communities strong and vital. We are entirely supported by generous donations from individuals, corporations, faith communities, organizations, and grants. Our rebuilding work is made possible by the scores of community volunteers who participate in our program.
Volunteer to Help
Rebuilding Day Volunteer
We need skilled volunteers skilled in carpentry, roofing, flooring, plumbing and electrical. If you are an accomplished do-it-yourselfer or are a skilled tradesperson, please join us and become a Rebuilding Day Skilled Volunteer.
There is always a lot of work to be done by volunteers with no specific skills, but with a willingness to learn! Volunteer one Saturday and really make a difference.
Sponsor a House
Become a Rebuilding Together Eastside Project Sponsor
As a Rebuilding Together sponsor you have the opportunity to create a rewarding, team building experience for your employees or members of your organization. Each house or community center that is chosen for a project will require between 25 and 100 volunteers. Sponsors can select the size and scope of a project, and provide volunteers from their organization for work days. Sponsoring a project gives your organization a hands-on opportunity which satisfies the desire to do something tangible in your community and participate in a service project. You can see the impact immediately.
To receive a sponsor information packet, please call us at (425) 455-0179. You may also download a sponsor packet and mail it to:
- REBUILDING TOGETHER EASTSIDE
PO Box 12
What Sponsors Do
Rebuilding Together Eastside sponsors support the life changing home repair work done in our community.
Each sponsor participates by:
- Funding our important work to repair and modify home and non-profit facilities.
- Providing volunteers and volunteer project leaders
- House Captain - responsible for creating a materials list for the work that needs to be done, determining how many volunteers are needed to do the work, purchasing the materials, and overseeing repair work on day(s).
- Volunteer Coordinator -
Your monetary donation is critical to our continued work. We hope you will join us as we expand our reach to more neighbors in need. Please accept our sincere thank you for supporting this organization.All donations are tax-deductible as provided by law and go directly to Rebuilding Together Eastside.
- $35 Buys new dead bolt locks for doors to keep an elderly woman safe in her home.
- $50 Installs shower grab bars and safety railings to help prevent an elderly person from falling.
- $100 Replaces worn kitchen vinyl for a disabled person using a walker.
- $250 Buys a new wall heater for an elderly person.
- $500 Helps us repair a leaky roof on the house of a single mother and her 3 children.
- $1000 Allows us to paint the inside and outside of a home for 6 disabled adults.
- $3000 Or more goes toward the cost of a total renovation on an entire home.
We turn $100 donated into $400 of value back to the community by the work of our wonderful volunteers and businesses that donate much of the needed materials.
Donations can be mailed to:
Rebuilding Together Eastside
P.O. Box 124
Medina, WA 98039
To ensure that Rebuilding Together is able to make good use of your donation of building or other materials, we have the following criteria for donations:
- APPLIANCES: We accept only NEW appliances.
- DOORS: We accept doors if they are in GOOD condition. Screen doors and storms doors are priority.
- CABINETS-COUNTERTOPS: We will take NEW OR GENTLY USED cabinets only in complete units (must have doors, shelving, etc.). We do not take countertops.
- ELECTRICAL: We do not accept electrical parts, but we will take NEW outlets, switches, plates and fixtures.
- FLOORING: We do accept NEW vinyl and tile remnants (anything larger than 4x6". We accept carpet on a case-by-case basis.
- HARDWARE: We accept hardware for doors, cabinets, etc. as long as it is NEW or LIKE NEW (no rust).
- LIGHTING: We accept most all light fixtures, including ceiling fans, as long as they work and aren't from the dark ages!
- LUMBER-PLYWOOD-SHEETROCK: We accept full lengths of lumber provided they are stud length or longer (minimum of 92.625 inches) and full sheets of plywood, particle board, and sheetrock. Please: no nails sticking out of lumber.
- MECHANICAL: We will accept water heaters and furnaces as long as they are NEW and in working order.
- MIRROR-GLASS: Full mirrors and medicine cabinets are accepted. We do not typically accept pieces of glass.
- PAINT-WALLPAPER: Only NEW, UNOPENED paint will be considered, but on a case-by-case basis. No wallpaper is accepted.
- PIPE-PVC-METAL-COPPER: We do not generally accept any of these materials.
- PLUMBING-TUBS-SINKS-SHOWERS-TOILETS: We will gladly take all of these items as long as they are NEW and in GOOD CONDITION. We do only accept low-flow toilets, however.
- ROOFING MATERIALS-GUTTERS: We accept full bundles of shingles and full rolls of rolled roofing and tar paper. We also accept gutter materials in full pieces only. Gutters must be like-new; no dents, rust, etc.
- TOOLS: We accept hand and power tools as long as they work.
- WINDOWS-SCREENS: We do not accept windows or screens.
Contact us to arrange for transfer of donated materials.